Counseling Interview Memorandum
COUNSELING INTERVIEW MEMORANDUM
(Used to clarify verbal agreements and possible behavior changes between a supervisor and an employee.)
November 21, 20__
FROM: (Supervisor or Manager)
RE: CONFERENCE OF
This is to summarize (and make a matter of record) our conference of the above date.
- During the conference, the following items were discussed.
- (Use the shortest possible description but be specific and complete. These may later become "charges".)
- During the conference, you stated the following:
- (This paragraph is optional. Use it only if the employee makes statements significant to the issue. Do not use it to provide the employee with a written alibi.)
- During the conference, I offered you the following assistance and guidance:
- (Be specific! If offering helpful control techniques, spell them out. Avoid generalizations.)
- (Include the names of publications given to the employee, opportunities to visit other locations to observe the work of others, and names of individuals who will assist the employee.)
- During the conference you were directed: (Use when necessary)
If you do not believe this is an accurate summary of our conference, please notify me in writing by * (date) so that we can clarify any misunderstanding. If I do not hear from you, I shall assume the above to be an accurate summary of our conference.
* Be sure to give at least three or four working days for response.