To provide implementation for tuberculosis examinations required by Education Code.
- Each employee, upon initial employment and each four years thereafter, shall file a certificate, signed by a physician/surgeon licensed in California, showing that he/she is free from tuberculosis. For initial employment, certificate may be one issued within 60 days prior to employment.
- Examination shall consist of an X-ray of the lungs; or an approved intradermal tuberculin test which, if positive, shall be followed by an X-ray of the lungs.
- New employees shall be given the appropriate form provided by the District, by the site Manager/Supervisor or Human Resources upon initial employment. Employee shall submit to an approved skin test or X-ray and have card authorized by California licensed physician. New employees may submit verification from a former school district where previously employed or a certificate issued by a California-licensed physician issued within 60 days of employment.
- Each four years continuing employees shall file a certificate signed by a physician/surgeon licensed in California, showing freedom from tuberculosis. Those employees who have a positive skin test followed by a negative X-ray will be exempt from further examination.
- Human Resources, Centers for Education & Technology, or Colleges, as appropriate, will provide each new hourly and monthly employee with appropriate form.
- Input certificate data into computer.
- New Employees submit to examination at their own expense, or produce appropriate certificate issued within 60 days prior to employment; or provide a certificate from another public school district issued within the past four years.
- File certificate form with Human Resources within 30 days of employment.
- Produces a "Notice to Employee" two months prior to expiration date and sends to employee at home address of record.
- Continuing Employees take both copies of the preprinted form to San Diego County Department of Public Health and submit to skin test or X-ray. Employees may also go to any California licensed physician of their choice. However, the District will pay only for those performed at the Department of Public Health.
- File completed certificate with Human Resources.
- Human Resources inputs certificate data into computer.
Required Forms: Certificate of Tuberculosis Examination
For information, call Human Resources/Payroll, San Diego Community College District, 619-388-6582