Vacation in Advance of Accrual
Certain monthly employees are eligible to use vacation in advance of accrual as defined in bargaining agreements/handbooks.
Request and Approval Procedure
If use of vacation in advance of accrual is provided for in the bargaining agreement/handbook, the following guidelines apply:
- "Approval to Take Vacation Prior to Accrual" Form (Form PA 6022A) shall be completed by the employee at least 10 days in advance of the intended vacation and submitted to appropriate manager for recommendation.
- Manager either recommends approval or returns to employee as denied. If recommended, manager shall submit the request to Human Resources a minimum of 4 days in advance of the intended vacation. Those agreements and handbooks which specify vacation may be taken in advance of accrual require that advance approval be given by Human Resources.
- Human Resources will verify vacation balance from the payroll records and approve or deny the request. Verbal notice will be given the site manager, followed by written verification, when time does not allow for normal procedure to be observed.
Human Resources will use the following guidelines in approving advance vacation leave:
- Employee has completed six months of service with the District;
- Request is for no more than one-half of the annual accrual, including current balance.
Required Form: REQUEST TO USE VACATION PRIOR TO ACCRUAL