Future Promise Students
- Must be a California resident for tuition purposes or have attended a California high school for three years and graduated from a California high school (AB 540)
- Must have graduated from high school within the last year (June 2017-June 2018)
Program Requirements- Attend an on-campus Promise orientation
- Enroll in at least 12 units each semester (Fall and Spring)
- Enroll in a College Success Course (PG 120 or PG 130) in the Fall semester
- Meet with a counselor each semester
- Complete a comprehensive education plan by the end of the first year
- Maintain a 2.0 or higher grade point average
Step 1: Complete a Promise Interest Form for your college
Step 2: Complete a Fall 2018 Admission Application for admission City, Mesa, or Miramar College at www.sdccd.edu/future-students/admissions
Step 4: Complete an online orientation, English and math assessments, and meet with a college counselor by June
30th for priority registration.
For additional infomration on the San Diego Promise Program, please contact our Outreach offices:
|City College Outreach||Mesa College Outreach||Miramar College Outreach|
From specialized counseling to help with creating a comprehensive educational plan, and guided educational pathways, the San Diego Community College District is committed to making sure that students participating in the San Diego Promise reach their educational goals.
San Diego Promise participants also receive a variety of support services, including regular meetings with a counselor, participation in workshops, and frequent email reminders to assist them in remaining on track.
Such services are playing a key role with the District having some of the highest student completion rates in the California Community Colleges system and a 45 percent increase in degrees conferred since 2014.