San Diego Mesa College will host A Conversation with John Hetts to discuss the Multiple Measures Assessment Project (MMAP) and the San Diego Promise from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, October 28 in the Mesa Commons MC 211.
John Hetts, Ph.D, received a 2012 RP Group Award for Excellence in Research for a study at Long Beach City College that showed that high school cumulative GPA was by far the strongest predictor of performance in college courses.
He is currently Senior Director of Data Science at the Educational Results Partnership.
He is also part of the Multiple Measures Assessment Project research team.
The way we assess and place our incoming students is changing and will impact everyone.
- The San Diego Promise
- Receive update on current SDCCD Multiple Measures Assessment Project (MMAP)
- Discuss Connections between San Diego Promise and SDCCD MMAP
- Discuss next steps for SDCCD MMAP and San Diego Promise
- 9:30 a.m. - Coffee and Conversation
- 10 a.m. San Diego Promise
- 10:30 a.m. John Hetts, Ph.D. presentation
- Noon - Lunch
- 12:45 - 2 p.m. SDCCD MMAP Update
Continental breakfast and lunch provided by Mesa Culinary Arts
The event is free. Sign up at johnhetts.eventbrite.com