The mission of the San Diego Community College District is to provide accessible,
high quality learning experiences to meet the educational needs of the San Diego community.
Shared Values: Shared Vision
The San Diego Community College District is a multicultural institution with diverse
colleges and continuing education sites and varied priorities. However, we are bound
together as an operational unit by a philosophical base of shared values and a shared
vision of the future. We share the twin ideals of access and excellence. We are an
institution which responds to the unique needs of local communities and student populations.
We share an important role as a builder of communities from the classroom to the campus
and beyond to the larger components of society. To these ends, teaching and learning
are our highest priorities. Today we share the aspirations of our community as we
move toward the 21st century.
- Maximize student access, learning, and success through exemplary instruction and support
- Strengthen our institutional effectiveness through innovation, continuous process
and systems improvement, staff development, and enhanced internal collaboration.
- Enhance collaborations with the community for increased responsiveness to its needs.
- Ensure fiscal solvency through sound fiscal planning and management.
- Lead in sustainable policies and practices.
The District is proud to present our Strategic Plan for 2013-17.