The mission of the San Diego Community College District is to provide
accessible, high quality learning experiences to meet the educational
needs of the San Diego community.
Shared Values: Shared Vision
The San Diego Community College District is a multicultural institution
with diverse colleges and continuing education sites and varied
priorities. However, we are bound together as an operational unit
by a philosophical base of shared values and a shared vision of
the future. We share the twin ideals of access and excellence. We
are an institution which responds to the unique needs of local communities
and student populations. We share an important role as a builder
of communities from the classroom to the campus and beyond to the
larger components of society. To these ends, teaching and learning
are our highest priorities. Today we share the aspirations of our
community as we move toward the 21st century.
- Maximize student access, learning, and success through exemplary instruction and support services.
- Strengthen our institutional effectiveness through innovation, continuous process and systems improvement, staff development, and enhanced internal collaboration.
- Enhance collaborations with the community for increased responsiveness to its needs.
- Ensure fiscal solvency through sound fiscal planning and management.
- Lead in sustainable policies and practices.
The District is proud to present our Strategic Plan for 2013-17