The mission of the San Diego Community College District is to provide
accessible, high quality learning experiences to meet the educational
needs of the San Diego community.
Shared Values: Shared Vision
The San Diego Community College District is a multicultural institution
with diverse colleges and continuing education sites and varied
priorities. However, we are bound together as an operational unit
by a philosophical base of shared values and a shared vision of
the future. We share the twin ideals of access and excellence. We
are an institution which responds to the unique needs of local communities
and student populations. We share an important role as a builder
of communities from the classroom to the campus and beyond to the
larger components of society. To these ends, teaching and learning
are our highest priorities. Today we share the aspirations of our
community as we move toward the 21st century.
- Increase access to continuing and higher education opportunities for all.
- Strengthen and expand support services to respond to changing student needs.
- Assume strategic role in addressing regional workforce development needs.
- Enhance professional development for all staff.
- Become a sustainability citizen and advocate within the community.
- Adapt to a changing fiscal environment with a sound fiscal strategy.
- Strengthen our internal and external organizational communications practices.
The District is proud to present our Strategic Plan for 2009-2012