Sabbatical Leave - Posting Bond
To outline the procedures to follow when an employee is granted sabbatical leave and required to post bond.
- Available to contract faculty.
- Consult the applicable bargaining agreement for specifics regarding eligibility for sabbatical leave.
- Receives list of eligible employees as part of approved Board Docket.
- Sends memo to Chancellor identifying all employees granted sabbatical.
- Receives copy of congratulatory letter sent to each employee from Chancellor.
- Sends information letter from Payroll Manager to each employee including copy of bargaining agreement and sample bond form.
- Responds to questions regarding available bonding agencies, amount of bond required, and disbursement of warrants while on sabbatical.
- Maintains records regarding employees on sabbatical and warrant distribution information.
- Furnishes bond for one-half of annual salary and letter indicating warrant distribution request within 30 days of notification of sabbatical approval. Failure to comply may result in delay of pay warrant.