Districtwide International Education Committee
Purpose: The districtwide international education committee is charged with advancing student global learning outcomes through the enhancement of international education opportunities throughout the district including internationalization of the curriculum, study abroad, faculty development, international partnerships, and international, global, and multicultural events and activities on campus. International education advances learning and scholarship; builds understanding and respect among different peoples; and enhances constructive leadership in the global community.
Committee Members: San Diego City, Mesa and Miramar faculty liaison for study abroad and appropriate dean assigned annually.
Convened by: Educational Services Division, Dean, Equity and Special Funded Programs
Ex officio members: SDCCD Vice Chancellor of Educational Services; San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar Colleges Vice Presidents of Instruction.
Meeting Schedule: Fall: September, October, and November Spring: February, March, and April
Committee Associations: Community Colleges for International Development (CCID) and Diversity Abroad
Annual Report: 2022-2023
- Lou Ascione, Dean, Miramar College
- Andrew MacNeill, Acting Dean, City College
- Laura T. Gonzalez, Faculty Lead, Miramar College
- Rosalinda Sandoval, Faculty Lead, City College
- Dora Schoenbrun- Fernandez, Faculty Lead, Mesa College (2023-2025 Faculty Coordinator)
- Leslie Shimazaki, Dean, Mesa College
- Lillian A. Garcia, Dean, Equity and Special Funded Programs (Committee Coordinator)
2023 International Education Week: Join us Monday, November 13 through Friday, November 16 to celebrate International Education Week at City, Mesa, and Miramar Colleges. Please contact the faculty lead to request any resources or accommodations for the events.