Districtwide International Education Committee
Purpose: The districtwide international education committee is charged with advancing student global learning outcomes through the enhancement of international education opportunities throughout the district including internationalization of the curriculum, study abroad, faculty development, international partnerships, and international, global, and multicultural events and activities on campus. International education advances learning and scholarship; builds understanding and respect among different peoples; and enhances constructive leadership in the global community.
Committee Members: San Diego City, Mesa and Miramar faculty liaison for study abroad and appropriate dean assigned annually.
Convened by: Instructional Services Division, Dean, Instructional Services.
Ex officio members: SDCCD Vice Chancellor of Instructional Services; San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar Colleges Vice Presidents of Instruction; Vice Chancellor of Student Services (as needed).
Meeting Schedule: September, October, November, December, February, March, April
Presentation of Annual Report: May
Association Memberships: CCIE, IIE, and NAFSA
2018-2019 Committee Membership:
- Lou Ascione, Dean, Miramar College
- Trudy Gerald, Dean, City College
- Laura Pecenco, Faculty, Miramar College
- Rosalinda Sandoval, Faculty, City College
- Dora Schoenbrun- Fernandez, Faculty, Mesa College, 2018-2019 Faculty Coordinator
- Leslie Shimazaki, Dean, Mesa College
- Antonio Alarcòn, Dean, Instructional Services, 2018-2019 Committee Coordinator
- 2017-2018 Annual Report
- 2017-2018 Committee Accomplishments
- 2017-2018 Study Abroad Programming Summary
- Spring 2018 Study Abroad Student Survey
SDCCD faculty led programming takes students across borders and into new cities supporting their exploration and learning of new cultures. Study abroad programs are offered during intersession and summer.
Summer 2018 Study Abroad Brochure – produced annually by the District International Education Committee.