Districtwide International Education Committee
Purpose: The districtwide international education committee is charged with advancing student global learning outcomes through the enhancement of international education opportunities throughout the district including internationalization of the curriculum, study abroad, faculty development, international partnerships, and international, global, and multicultural events and activities on campus. International education advances learning and scholarship; builds understanding and respect among different peoples; and enhances constructive leadership in the global community.
Committee Members: San Diego City, Mesa and Miramar faculty liaison for study abroad and appropriate dean assigned annually.
Convened by: Educational Services Division, Dean, Instructional Services.
Ex officio members: SDCCD Vice Chancellor of Educational Services; San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar Colleges Vice Presidents of Instruction; Vice Chancellor of Student Services (as needed).
Meeting Schedule: September, October, November, December, February, March, April
Presentation of Annual Report: May
Association Memberships: CCIE, IIE, and NAFSA
- Lou Ascione, Dean, Miramar College
- Jeanie Tyler, Dean, City College
- Judy Patacsil, Faculty, Miramar College
- Rosalinda Sandoval, Faculty, City College (2021-2022 Faculty Coordinator)
- Dora Schoenbrun- Fernandez, Faculty, Mesa College
- Leslie Shimazaki, Dean, Mesa College
- Antonio Alarcón, Dean, Instructional Services (2019-2021 Committee Coordinator)
- 2017-2018 Annual Report
- 2017-2018 Committee Accomplishments
- 2017-2018 Study Abroad Programming Summary
- Spring 2018 Study Abroad Student Survey