League for Innovation
The League for Innovation in the Community Colleges
Student Art & Student LITERARY Competitions
The League for Innovation in the Community Colleges is an international nonprofit organization with a mission to cultivate innovation in the community college environment. Learn more
Each year, the League for Innovation invites its board member colleges to participate in the annual Student Art Award and Student Literary Award competitions. These two competitions enable community college students to compete with their peers across North America. Notably, the competition provides a means to showcase a selection of the best works being created by today's community college students. The initial competition takes place at each board member college/district, with the winners of each local contest moving on to compete at the national level. Winners at the national level receive cash prizes.
- For the Student Art Competition these cash prizes are given to the individuals who place First, Second, Third, and (3) Juror’s Choice.
- For the Student Literary Competition, the submissions are judged in one of four categories: fictional short story, one-act play, poetry, and personal essay.
- First place, second place, third place, and honorable mention are awarded in each category.
- National winners for first, second, and third place receive cash prizes.
- For both competitions, all national-level entries receive a Certificate of National Merit, and are published in either the League's Student Art Competition publication or the Student Literary Competition publication, produced by the current host college.
Learn more about the annual SDCCD Student Art & Student Literary Competitions and submissions to the League’s National Competitions: