OFFICE OF Institutional EFFECTIVENESS AND Research (OIER)3375 Camino Del Rio South, Ste 120 San Diego, CA 92108
Phone: (619) 388-6941
Natalia Córdoba-Velásquez Alarcón, M.B.A. (she/her | ella/de ella), Director
(619) 388-6723 | email@example.com
Natalia has a master’s of business administration, a bachelor’s in psychology, an associate’s in business, and professional certificates in training and human resources and marketing. She joined the SDCCD on August 2018. Prior to the SDCCD, Natalia was the director of institutional research at Hartnell College and director of institutional research at Gavilan College. She also worked in Cabrillo College for twelve years in different roles, seven of those years, as an institutional research analyst. Natalia also worked at University of California Santa Cruz for 3 years. Natalia was an RP board member for 2 years and is now looking for a Ph.D program in higher education.
Some of her main areas at the OIER are:
- Enrollment management cabinet report
- Student success metrics
- IPEDS coordinator/CalPass/NSC liaison /CCCApply-special data
- CCCCO DataMart
- Career technology education
- Internal surveys: students, employees, climate, etc.
- External surveys: (HOPE, CTE employment outcomes survey, etc.)
- Labor market information (EMSI, economy impact study [EIS])
- Employment equal opportunity
- Ad-hoc reports regarding external databases
- Accreditation support
- Strategic plan support
Stephen Bass, M.A. (he/him), Research and Planning Analyst
(619) 388-6942 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen joined the SDCCD research team in April 2019. Prior to that, he worked a test prep tutor and educational consultant for a local non-profit, which led him to a master’s in education at SDSU. Stephen is passionate about supporting the development of programs that meet the needs of California’s increasingly diverse student population. At SDCCD, he has contributed to reporting on enrollment trends, transfer, distance education, dual enrollment and other high school partnerships, and other instructional programs.
Some of Steve’s main areas at the OIER are:
- Online & distance education
- CCAP and dual enrollment
- AB705 and basic skills
- Districtwide assessment committee main researcher
- Ad-hoc reports for instructional services (honors, SDCCE transitions, military)
Marc Grabiel, B.S. (he/him), Research and Planning Analyst
(619) 388-6849 | email@example.com
Marc joined SDCCD’s research team in March 2020 after almost 10 years of experience working as a researcher and educator both nationally and abroad. He is committed to increasing student success and eliminating equity gaps through an objective and systematic approach to educational research that supports evidence-based decision-making. Marc strives to provide actionable data that can help redefine the educational policies and approaches needed to improve student outcomes.
- Enrollment management dashboard (SDCCE)
- Data element dictionary maintenance
- DSPS reports
- Student profiles dashboards (credit and SDCCE)
- Syntax conversion from legacy to IRD
- Transfer report
Patrick Panelli, B.S. (he/him), Research and Planning Analyst
(619) 388-6721 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick joined the SDCCD research team in April 2017. He has over 10 years of experience in the university and community college settings, starting in the Humboldt State University IRP office in 2009. Patrick enjoys working on program evaluations and program development, and finding new, creative ways to more efficiently give the academic and life supports needed by all of our incredible students.
Some of Patrick's main areas at the OIER are:
- Campus solutions data
- SDCCD_IRD (database design, maintenance, trouble shooting and training)
- National Student Clearing House data mining and syntax developer
- Hyperion expert
- Statistical analysis support
- Ad-hoc reports from SDCCD databases (legacy and IRD)
Jaime Seiverd, M.A. (they/them), Research and Planning Analyst
(619) 388-6802 | email@example.com
Jaime joined the SDCCD research team in 2018, coming from a graduate program in applied anthropology that emphasizes research for social change. Their research interests are intersecting marginalized student identities and their impacts on student success, students’ sense of belonging to educational institutions, identifying and bridging equity gaps in higher education for disproportionately impacted students, and student-focused enrollment management.
Some of Jaime’s main areas at the OIER are:
- FTES, FTEF and productivity
- State apportionment report (320)
- Comprehensive studies (LGBTQ, time/units to completion)
- San Diego Promise designated researcher
- Ad-hoc reports for enrollment management
Brian Stern, Ph.D. (he/him), Research and Planning Analyst
(619) 388-6944 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian joined the SDCCD research team in April 2019. He has over 25 years of experience in institutional research at the pre-school, K-12, community college, and university levels. His research interests are intersegmental progression, curriculum alignment, and student equity.
Some of Brian’s main areas at the OIER are:
- Enrollment management dashboard (credit)
- Student center funding formula simulations
- Ad-hoc for awards or data on demand (chancellor’s office)
- Support for IPEDS
- HOPE Center survey reports
Edson Cuellar Deciga, B.A. (he/him), Research Assistant
(619) 388-6941 | email@example.com
Edson completed his undergrad studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Graduating with a B.A. in sociology and a minor in poverty, inequality, and Social Justice. Edson gained most of his research experience while at UCSB; conducting multiple, quarter-long qualitative and quantitative research projects. He also worked for Direct Relief, an international nonprofit humanitarian organization that provides emergency medical assistance and disaster relief, as a research & data analysis intern. Edson has been playing volleyball for almost nine years, is originally from Santa Ana, CA, and, has trouble saying "no" to food.
Edson assist CTE and the team different needs.