Apply for the Promise
Press here to Apply!
San Diego Promise Insights
Who qualifies for the San Diego Promise
In order to qualify for the San Diego Promise Program, you must meet the following: Fall 2023
- First time (to any) college student, or
- Returning SDCCD students who have not enrolled in courses for three or more semesters (Not including summer), or
- Identify with one of the following groups:
- San Diego College of Continuing Education Students
- Foster Youth Student
- Veteran of U.S. Armed Forces
- Formerly Incarcerated Student
- Undocumented Student
- Must be a California resident or AB 540 eligible
Completed high school diploma or high school equivalency.
*Students who completed college courses in high school are eligible for the San Diego Promise Program
What are the benefits of the san diego promise?
- Up to two years of free tuition and health fees
- Books grants for eligible students
- Access to Peer Mentors/Success Coach
- Counseling guidance and support to assist withsuccessfullycompleting your educational goals
what are the Program Requirements?
- Complete a financial aid application (Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) or CA Dream Act)
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units each semester (does not apply to students with disability DSPS accommodation on file)
- To learn more about Disability Support Programs and Services (DSPS) at the San Diego Community College District please click here.
Important promise Application Dates | Fall 2023
- Application Opens: January 9, 2023
- Priority Application Deadline: June 16, 2023
- Application Deadline: August 14, 2023
- Sign Contract Deadline: August 28, 2023
- Register in 12 Units Deadline: September 1, 2023
Need help getting started with the San Diego Promise?
Reach out to the Promise Program at the campus you plan on attending
City College Promise
Mesa College Promise
Miramar College Promise
Chat with the Miramar Promise staff at sdmiramar.edu/campus/promise
San Diego Promise Information Nights for Fall 2023!
Students and their parents are invited to join one of our upcoming virtual information nights to learn more about the free tuition program, The San Diego Promise.
REGISTER IN ADVANCE FOR ONE OF OUR UPCOMING SESSIONS:
- March 8, 2023
Register on Zoom
- April 18, 2023
Register on Zoom
- May 24, 2023
Register on Zoom
Apply for the San Diego PromiSE
Information and Links
Apply for Admissions |
Submit an college: application for admission here
Apply for Financial Aid |
FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid)
FAFSA and CA Dream Act College Codes
Apply for the San Diego Promise |
New Student Online Orientation |
San Diego City College Orientation
San Diego Mesa College Orientation
Meet with a Counselor to Plan Courses |
San Diego City College Counseling
San Diego Mesa College Counseling
Attend a Campus Promise Orientation |
Register for Classes |
Set Up Your MYSDCCD Student Portal
You applied for the san diego promise, now what?
Update your contact information for San Diego Promise next steps!
Update your contact information in the mySDCCD Student Portal.
Follow the campuses and their Promise Programs on social media for regular updates
|College||Social Media Accounts|
|City College Instagram: @sandiegocitycollege
City College Promise Program Instagram: @sdpromisecity
|Mesa College Instagram: @sdmesacollege
Mesa College Promise Program Instagram: @sdpromisemesa
|Miramar College Instagram: @sdmiramar
Miramar College Promise Program Instagram: @sdpromise_miramar
San Diego Community College District Instagram: @thesdccd