Future Promise Students
- Be a California resident or AB-540 eligible
- First-time college student
- Register in at least 12 units in Fall and Spring
Apply for College
Apply for Financial Aid
Complete Student Success and Support Program
- Orientation: Information on your orientation will be issued to you after submitting your college application.
The orientation is usually divided into two parts – an online orientation information program and a one-on-one meeting with a counselor.
- Assessment: Contact the Assessment Office to schedule your Math and English Assessments test to ensure proper course selection.
City College Assessment - 619-388-3998; Mesa College Assessment - 619-388-2718; Miramar College Assessment - 619-388-7379
- Education Plan: Contact your college counseling office to schedule a meeting to help you make informed choices concerning the programs and courses available. City College Counseling - 619-388-3540; Mesa College Counseling - 619-388-2672; Miramar College Counseling - 619-388-7840.
From specialized counseling to help with creating a comprehensive educational plan, and guided educational pathways, the San Diego Community College District is committed to making sure that students participating in the San Diego Promise reach their educational goals.
San Diego Promise participants also receive a variety of support services, including regular meetings with a counselor, participation in workshops, and frequent email reminders to assist them in remaining on track.
Such services are playing a key role with the District having some of the highest student completion rates in the California Community Colleges system and a 45 percent increase in degrees conferred since 2014.
For additional information on the San Diego Promise contact District Outreach at 619-388-6703.