Most of the registration processes and resources are available online. You'll be ready for the first day of class in no time.
If you have your College Student ID (CSID) and it is on or past your Registration Appointment, and you have reviewed the schedule and selected classes, you can login to Reg-e now to enroll.
Below are some of the activities you can do through the Reg-e system:
- Register for Classes (Add/Drop)
- Pay Tuition & Fees
- Select Pass/No Pass Option
- Order Parking Permits
- ASB Membership
- View Your Financial Aid Status
- View Your Schedule
- View Your Wait Listed Classes
- View Your Placement Levels
- View Your Attendance Hours
Reg-e is normally available:
|Mon - Fri||7:00 am to Midnight (You must be be logged in by 11:45 pm)|
|Sat||8:00 am to 1:30 pm|
Reg-e is closed during holidays and certain days before classes begin.
Download the Quick Guide to Admission & Registration:
Receive your date and time to register
- New Students - make sure you have fulfilled all the admission requirements. Go to the Future Students page for details.
- Veterans & Military may be eligible for priority registration. See below for details.
Gather the necessary information
- Know the Important Deadlines
Spring 2018 or Summer 2018
- Review the College Catalog for degree requirements
- Review the Class Schedule
- Identify desired classes
- Check prerequisites have been met
- Note Course Reference Numbers (CRN's)
- Note class meeting dates and times
- Note any textbooks required
- Complete your Registration Worksheet – using the paper form or online form (see below)
- Know the Important Deadlines
Register for classes on Reg-e
- Go to Reg-e
- Login with your CSID and PIN
- Follow the directions for adding classes
- If the class you want is closed, you have the option of selecting to be put on the Wait List. See below for details
Pay Tuition and Fees
- All mandatory fees must be paid by the deadline as stated in Reg-e or students will be dropped for non-payment. Go to Tuition & Fees for more details.
- If you are receiving Financial Aid, it is your responsibility to check that your fees have been paid by the deadline.
- If you are receiving a Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) this only applies to your enrollment fee and does not cover the mandatory Student Health Fee, with the exception of students eligible for BOGW-A.
Purchase additional items as necessary
- Buy a Parking Pass
- Buy a Bus/Trolley Pass
- Buy an Associated Student Membership
- Buy Books
New Students –Pick up your CSID card at the Admissions Office
If you are having trouble using Reg-e or have questions about the registration process, contact the Registration HelpLine on campus.
ONLINE LEARNING COURSES
Online Learning Pathways is a program offered by the San Diego Community College District where you can complete quality courses developed and taught online by instructors from our colleges.
If you registered for any Online Courses, go to the SDCCD Online Learning Pathways website to get started:www.sdccdonline.net
ONLINE CLASS RESTRICTIONS
In accordance with federal regulations, City, Mesa and Miramar colleges may not permit students residing outside of California to enroll in online classes without approval of the state where the student resides. Students residing in a non-approved state/territory are not permitted to enroll in online classes and will be dropped. Check here for an up to date list of restricted states and territories.
DATES & DEADLINES
There are important deadlines which can be different for each class depending on when the class meets and the session start and end date. Important Deadlines include:
- Deadline to Receive, Process & Pay for Add Codes
- Deadline to Drop Classes with No "W" recorded.
- Deadline to Drop & be Eligible for Refund of Enrollment Fees &/or Non- Resident Tuition
- Deadline to select Pass/No Pass option
- Withdrawal Deadline - No Drops Accepted After This Date
Make sure to review the deadlines for each of your classes.
Deadlines for specific classes can also be found in the online Class Schedule. Click on the Details box next to the class that you are interested in viewing. If your class does not fall within any of the sessions listed in Important Deadlines and you are unable to locate it in the Class Schedule, contact the Admissions Office for assistance.
NOTE: Processing of an add code includes making full payment by the deadline date as indicated on Reg-e. Financial Aid students must also process their financial aid payments, and pay the health fee (as applicable), through Reg-e. Note: BOGW does not pay for student health fees, with the exception of BOGW-A.
It is your responsibility to adhere to the deadlines. No late adds or drops will be processed.
The Academic Calendar includes key dates for applying for admission, registration deadlines, holidays, grade availability and more.
Go here to view the class schedules for upcoming terms: Online Class Schedule
This online version of the Class Schedule displays new classes, cancellations, and changes after the printed schedule has been distributed. Students can search for classes by academic subject, time and day, or key words.
Registration Worksheets are available to help you write out your desired classes and alternate options before you begin the registration process on Reg-e.
A Registration Worksheet paper form can be downloaded here.
A Registration Worksheet online version is also available within the Reg-e system.
PLAN AHEAD! All prerequisites, corequisites, and limitations on enrollment stated in the course descriptions listed in the college catalog will be strictly enforced at the time of registration. Students who do not meet the prerequisite, corequisite, or other limitation according to college records will not be permitted to register for the course. Students who believe they have met the prerequisite at another institution are strongly advised to have all transcripts of prior college work evaluated and on file well in advance of registration to minimize registration delays.
Students should plan their schedules early and see a counselor for assistance.
Prerequisites – Courses that must be completed with a "C" or better prior to registration in a specific course.
Corequisites – Courses that are required to be taken the same semester as another course.
Limitations on Enrollment – Other restrictions that are stated in the course description such as "not open to students with credit in..."
Students who believe they have sufficient grounds may challenge a prerequisite, corequisite, or limitation on enrollment. A student may obtain a Petition to Challenge in the Admissions Office and a copy of Procedures 5500.2. The completed petition must be filed in the Admissions Office no later than ten working days prior to the published add deadline for the course being challenged. Students who challenge a prerequisite or corequisite after the start of the semester must obtain an add code issued by the instructor prior to completing the petition. Contact the College Admissions Office for additional information.
Students who attempt to register in a class that is closed may select the option to have his/her name placed on a Wait List. Wait Listing is not a guaranteed priority for enrollment.
- Students may place their name on only one Wait List for a specific subject and course number.
- Students must meet course prerequisites to be placed on the Wait List.
- Students who are on a Wait List, and later enroll in another section of the same subject and course number, will be automatically removed from the Wait List.
- Students will be told their priority number on the Wait List.
- Students can check their priority number on Reg-e.
- Students have the option to remove themselves from the Wait List at any time.
- There is a limit to the number of students allowed on each Wait List.
- Waitlisted students will be given first priority to add their waitlisted class if a space becomes available before the semester starts.
- The college will attempt to notify students that a space is available via e-mail and telephone according to their priority number; however, it is the student's responsibility to check the status of waitlisted classes daily on Reg-e.
- Upon notification, students will be given five (5) business days, including the day of notification, to add waitlisted class. (An add code is not required.)
- If students do not add their waitlisted class within the 5-day period, they will be removed from the wait list and lose their priority.
- Students remaining on the Wait List after classes begin, must attend the first class meeting and be on time to have their Wait List priority considered.