Constitution Day celebrations
September 8, 2015 |
In recognition of Constitution Day, Thursday Sept. 17 San Diego Community College District will hold events at college campuses and at Continuing Education throughout the week of Sept. 14-18.
Here is a schedule of events:
Mesa College will present Constitution displays Monday through Friday in the Mesa Bookstore (H-110) and the Learning Resource Center (LRC) lobby.
Monday and Tuesday
Voter registration in the Mesa Quad from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
12:50 to 2:10 p.m., MS-162 Flex # 84316
Contact Sofia Laurein: email@example.com
Conscience and Constitution (Documentary Film)
9:40 to 11 a.m., MS-162 Flex # 84317
Affirmative Action and the U.S. Constitution
Noon to 2 p.m., H-117/118
See students of the Thomas Jefferson School of Law Moot Court Team simulate court proceedings and outline anticipated arguments for the upcoming U.S. Supreme Court case Fisher v. University of Texas.
Come early space is limited. Flex Workshop # 84413
- Voter Registration at Student Affairs on the second floor of the "K" building (K-210) pick up your voter registration materials.
- Constitution Display in the Library courtyard and K1 building display case on the first floor. Find resources, pictures and information about the U.S. Constitution.
- Take part in the "I signed the Constitution" activity at the Student Affairs Office and get a copy of the constitution signature page.
For more information, contact Miramar College's Student Affairs in Room K1-210 or call 619-388-7313
- Constitution Day will be celebrated in all English as a Second Language, High School Basic skills and Citizenship classes. ESL students will learn about the 14th amendment and employment.
- Faculty in the ABE/ASE program will address amendments and clauses of the Constitution which impact economic growth and a market system.
- There will be instruction in the High School Diploma Program regarding Global citizenship, the U.S. Bill of Rights and the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights.