Guide to Graduation
April 23, 2018 |
Do you have everything you need for commencement? Graduation season is rapidly approaching, but you still have some time to prepare.
Here's your commencement checklist:
- Register for commencement ceremony - April 30 is the deadline to file a Petition for Graduation and be a Spring graduate. Students filing after this date will be Summer graduates.
- Caps and Gowns - These can be purchased in the bookstore.
- Guest Tickets - Each graduate who registers for commencement will be given 5 tickets.
- Accommodation Request - If you require special seating or assistance contact student affairs.
- Graduating with Honors - Students can purchase their honors cord and tassel in the Student Affairs Office.
Students must show the email they received to the Student Affairs Office to purchase
and obtain the honors cord and tassel.
Commencement ceremonies are as follows:
Friday, May 18
San Diego Miramar College, 1-3 p.m., Hourglass Field House (Gymnasium), 10440 Black Mountain Road, San Diego.
Saturday, May 19
San Diego Mesa College, 3 p.m. University of San Diego, Jenny Craig Pavilion, 5998 Alcala Park, San Diego.
Friday, May 25
San Diego City College, 5 p.m. Organ Pavilion, Balboa Park, 2125 Pan American Road E, San Diego. Rehearsal is at 3:30 p.m. Thursday, May 24.
Friday, June 1
San Diego Continuing Education, 5 p.m. Organ Pavilion, Balboa Park, 2125 Pan American Road E, San Diego.