Time to apply for faculty funding for PATH program
August 18, 2020 |
Arts and Humanities faculty can apply for funds for projects that support the Preparing Accomplished Transfers to the Humanities (PATH) Program.
The PATH program is a collaborative transfer support program between the San Diego Community College District and the UC San Diego Division of Arts and Humanities.
Through this initiative, faculty are empowered to serve as the drivers of the collaboration. PATH staff can assist with basic logistics and administration of funds. Fund requests should be under $1,500 unless a significant amount of students will be impacted. Fund requests over $1,500 will be considered if it is a large collaborative activity between UC San Diego and SDCCD – expected outcomes on the activity must be provided.
Successful examples of past initiatives include:
- Undergraduate Philosophy reading group led by SDCCD and UC San Diego faculty
- Italian Studies professors from both institutions taking students on a joint field trip to see “Rigoletto”
- SDCCD and UC San Diego students attended joint workshops on “Storytelling” and “How to Sustain a Creative Life”
- SDCCD Philosophy professor audited a UC San Diego class to take elements of it back to SDCCD
- Faculty from both institutions coming together over dinner to discuss innovative humanities pedagogy