With Excellence from home
August 6, 2020 |
When the San Diego Community College District (SDCCD) moved to remote operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so, too, did the production of the With Excellence (WE) magazine. The summer edition of the magazine, available online now, explores what it has been like for administrators, faculty, classified employees, and students to work and learn from home. The special COVID-19 coverage expands to highlight volunteer efforts, creativity in the time of crisis, and front line experiences.
Also inside the magazine are stories about:
- The success of the California Community College Baccalaureate program
- Developing outstanding athletes and exceptional students
- An introduction to the new Miramar College President
- An innovative costume designer at Continuing Education
- Big wins for the Mesa College Debate Team
- The near-impossible task of replacing Chancellor Constance M. Carroll after her retirement
- The oversight of Propositions S and N construction by Corporate Council partner Gafcon
- A top female welder at Continuing Education
- A Mesa College student awarded the Jack Kent Cooke scholarship
- And, updates and initiatives from City, Mesa, and Miramar colleges, and Continuing Education
WE is produced by the SDCCD Communications and Public Relations Department and is a Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) Awards of Excellence winner.