Students asked for ideas to transform the student experience
May 22, 2023 |
College Futures Foundation is partnering with the USC Race and Equity Center to launch a statewide call for proposals asking community college students to share their ideas for transforming and improving classroom, campus, and overall student experiences.
It is called the Student Visions for Change challenge, and applications will be accepted until July 7, 2023. Students can win cash prizes up to $10,000.
All that is needed to submit a proposal is a short up to 500 word response and 90-second video in response to one of three prompts.
Nine prizes totaling $52,500 will be awarded to community college students in three challenges.
Challenge No. 1 - Transformed Classrooms
Challenge No. 2 - Transformed Educators
Challenge No. 3 - Transformed Support Resources for Students
Prizes available for each challenge
- 1st place: $10,000
- 2nd place: $5,000
- 3rd place: $2,500
- Honorable mention
Learn more at Students Vision For Change
- Must be a California resident.
- Must be a California Community College student.
- Must be enrolled at least part-time during the 2022-2023 academic year (part-time status is at least 6 semester units or 9 quarter units accumulated).
- Must be at least 18 years of age to submit a proposal.
- A submission must be from a single individual.
- April 2023: Challenge Launch
- July 2023: Applications Due July 7
- August through December 2023: Finalists/Winners Notified
- January 2024: Awards Event