flexible spending

What is a Flexible Spending Account?
A Flexible Spending Account is an San Diego Community College District sponsored benefit that allows you to pay for certain non-covered medical expenses (such as doctor's office co-pays and prescription drugs) with your pre-tax income. Because this benefit uses pre-tax dollars, a Flexible Spending Account is a great way for you to save money on your healthcare costs, as well as increase your take home pay! San Diego Community College District also offers a Dependent Care spending account, which can be used to pay day care expenses for eligible children.

What is the maximum amount I can deposit into my Health Care and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account each year?
The San Diego Community College District allows you to set aside up to $2,600 into the Health Care account, and up to $5,000 per family into the Dependent Care account. All contributions into your accounts are made on a pre-tax basis.

Who is our flexible spending account administrator?
Our flexible spending account administrator is Benefit Coordinators Corporation (BCC). Benefit Coordinators Corporation can be reached at:
Phone: 1-800-685-6100
Web: www.benxcel.com/fsa.php

How do I submit a request for reimbursement from Benefit Coordinators Corporation?
Employees can submit reimbursement requests via fax, mail, or email. To submit a reimbursement request via fax, mail, or email, you will need to complete the Benefit Coordinators Corporation FSA claim form, which is available in the Human Resources office or on the Benefits website under Forms.

  • Fax: (412) 276-7185
  • Email: fsa-claims@benxcel.com
  • Mail: Benefit Coordinators Corporation (BCC)
    Flexible Benefits Department
    100 Ryan Court, Suite 200
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205


I enrolled in the flexible spending account and I have not received a benefit debit card. Who should I contact?
Contact Benefits Coordinators Corporation at (800) 685-6100 and request a new card.

How can I access information about my personal health care or dependent care spending account?
You can go online at www.benxcel.com/fsa.php. Once you register, you can look up your account balance, status of claims reimbursement requests, and find forms and information.

Where can I find a list of eligible medical and over-the-counter (OTC) expenses that can be used for reimbursement?
You can contact the Human Resources office at 619-388-6587 or on the Benefits website under Forms.