Studio provides an integrated video sharing platform for students upload and record videos seamlessly through the interactive video tool.
Some key features include:
- students can easily record webcam and screencast video within Canvas
- students can create and manage a library of videos for use in Canvas (and to share outside of Canvas)
- Students can interact in discussion activities that are based on video (discussion comments are tied to specific points in the video)
- Videos can be automatically captioned and the captions can be easily edited
- More information on using Canvas Studio in the rich content editor can be found on the guides.
Introduction to Canvas Studio:
- What is Canvas Studio?
- How do I access Canvas Studio?
- What file formats does Canvas Studio support?
- What are the computer specifications for Canvas Studio?
Canvas Studio guides:
Captioning with Studio
Canvas Studio allows users to easily incorporate closed captioning to their recorded content to make all recorded content accessible to everybody. With tools like Canvas Studio's ability to generate closed captions automatically with 85% accuracy will greatly aid in making content easier to transcribe and share among your peers.
To find out more about the Canvas Studio captioning features, you can follow this guide from Canvas: How to use Canvas Studio Captioning Services
More Captioning Support:
YouTube captions do not automatically transfer into Canvas Studio. If you own the YouTube video, you can, however, easily and quickly download your YouTube captions and upload them into Canvas Studio.
Here’s a video showing how to do that: How to add YouTube Captions to Canvas Studio
Things get a little difficult if you need to transfer captions for a YouTube video that you do not own.
It can be done and here’s a video showing one way to do it: How to add captions to a video you do not own, using Canvas Studio
Canvas Studio resources and guides:
- How do I use Canvas Studio through the Rich Content Editor?
- How do I view Canvas Studio media in a course?
- How do I record a Canvas Studio video with a webcam in a course?
- How do I record a Canvas Studio screen capture video in a course?
- How do I add captions to Canvas Studio media in a course?
- How do I replace a Canvas Studio video thumbnail in a course?
- How do I add comments or replies to Canvas Studio media in a course?
- How do I submit Canvas Studio media as a Text Entry assignment as a student?
- How do I submit Canvas Studio media as a File Upload assignment as a student?
- How do I view Canvas Studio video quiz results in a course?
- How do I take a Canvas Studio video quiz in a course as a student?
If you encounter errors when attempting to record your screen in Canvas Studio.
Try the fixes outlined in this video: How to Troubleshoot Canvas Studio