Report A Crime

File A Police Report

If you have a life threatening medical emergency first call 9- 911(on district phones) or 911 (pay phones or cell phones) then call the college police.

Call 619-388-6405 from your cell phone or 6405 from district phones to reach our communications center. Most district phones also have a college police speed dial button near the upper right of the side of the phone. Dispatchers are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week including holidays. You will be prompted to press "1" if you have an emergency or a crime in progress. For non-emergency reporting please stay on the line until a dispatcher answers.

You may also use any of the call boxes located at each campus in the parking lots. (link to call box map/locations) or any classroom call box, generally located in the front of each classroom.

Open the call box door if there is one, then push the button and use the handset or just speak into the box to communicate with the dispatcher.

You may also go to any building elevator. Push the emergency button on the intercom, located under the elevator control panel, and you will be immediately connected to a college police dispatcher, who will communicate with you through the speaker.

Dispatch will send an officer to your location. It is important that you give the dispatcher as much information as possible. The dispatcher may ask you the following questions:

  • What is your phone number?
  • What is your name?
  • What is your location?
  • What exactly is happening? Describe what is going on.
  • Is the crime happening now or did it happen at some other time?
  • What is the description of the person committing the crime?
  • Are they driving a vehicle? Describe the vehicle and license plate number.
  • Are there any weapons involved? What type? Where are the weapons now?
  • Where is the suspect now or last direction of travel?
  • Is there anyone hurt, where are they and what are their injuries?

To file a crime report you will need to have your driver license and information about the crime.

To file a traffic collision report you will need your driver license, proof of insurance and your vehicle registration information.

Officers also complete illness/injury reports for anyone who becomes sick or is injured on district property.