Mental Health Resources
- 2-1-1 Call 2-1-1 or go online for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
General Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
- 988 Lifeline 988 has been designated as the new nation-wide dialing/text code that will route callers to National Suicide Prevention Lifeline counselors.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Dedicated to saving lives and bringing hope to those affected by suicide, including those who have experienced a loss.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADDA) Dedicated to the prevention, treatment and cure of anxiety, depression, and related disorders and to improving the lives of all people who suffer from them.
- Befrienders Worldwide Provides confidential support to people in emotional crisis or distress, or those close to them.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) Provides hope, help, support and education to improve the lives of people who have mood disorders.
- Headspace Helps you create life-changing habits to support your mental health and find a healthier, happier you. Available for free to all SDCCD students, staff, & faculty using your District-assigned email.
- Help Guide Free online wellness resource for many conditions including: anxiety, ADHD, Bipolar, stress, suicide, etc.
- I'm Alive An online crisis network with 100% of its volunteers trained and certified in crisis intervention.
- Mental Health America Addresses the full spectrum of mental and substance use conditions and their effects nationwide, working to inform, advocate and enable access to quality behavioral health services for all Americans.
- Mental Health is Health Aims to normalize conversation, create a connection to resources, and inspire action on mental health.
- National Alliance on Mental Health(NAMI) Provides support and education programs that help build better lives for millions of Americans affected by mental health concerns.
- National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability Offers information on health, nutrition, fitness, and mindfulness for people with disabilities.
- Open Counseling Find free and affordable therapy near you.
- Take Action Helps Californians support their mental health and the mental health of people they care about through prevention and early intervention efforts.
- The Mighty Helps people connect with others around mental health, chronic illness, rare disease, disability, and more.
Digital & Communication Access
Disability, Medical, and Health Assistance
- American Cancer Society Dedicated to improving the lives of cancer patients and their families through advocacy, research, and patient support to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to prevent, detect, treat, and survive cancer.
- American Chronic Pain Association Provides peer support, education, and resources for individuals with chronic pain and their families.
- American Diabetes Association Leads the fight against the deadly consequences of diabetes and fights for those affected by diabetes and gives voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes.
- American Heart Association Educates consumers on healthy living and fosters appropriate cardiac care in an effort to reduce disability and deaths caused by cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- CDC: Disability & Health Promotion Supports work that improves overall health and quality of life for people with disabilities and supports the inclusion of people with disabilities in public health programs that prevent disease and promote healthy behaviors and safety.
- Free Dental Care Directory Comprehensive lists of free and sliding scale dental resources.
- Healing Well Dedicated to supporting those living with chronic illness.
- Healthcare.gov Helps individuals, families, and small businesses find affordable health care coverage.
- Medicare.gov Assists in finding a psychiatrist who accepts Medicare.
- NeedyMeds.org Connects people to programs that will help them afford their medications and other healthcare costs.
- National Center for College Students with Disabilities Provides assistance to anyone needing information about disability and higher education, including college students, their families, faculty, college administrators and staff, disability services professionals, researchers, and policymakers.
- Feeding America Fights to end hunger through a nationwide network of member food banks.
- MISS Foundation Provides counseling, advocacy, research, and education services to families experiencing the death of a child.
Housing Crises and Natural Disaster Assistance
- San Diego Housing Commission / City of San DIego Homelessness Programs Provides temporary shelter, supportive services, and permanent housing to some of the City’s most vulnerable residents.
- Wesley House Provides safe, affordable housing and support services for students attending local colleges and universities who have low incomes.
Military & Veteran Resources
- After Deployment Supports service members, their families, and veterans with common post-deployment concerns, providing self-care solutions targeting post-traumatic stress, depression, anger, sleep, relationship concerns, and other mental health challenges.
- DoD Safe Helpline Provides confidential, secure, worldwide sexual assault support for the Department of Defense community.
- Give an Hour Offers free mental health services to U.S. military personnel and families affected by the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Make the Connection connects veterans and their friends and family members with information, resources, and solutions to issues affecting their lives.
- Military OneSource Provides support and resources to the active duty military community.
- National Resource Directory Connects wounded warriors, service members, veterans, their family members and caregivers with those who support them.
- VET Centers Offer a variety of services including counseling, medical and benefits referral, employment assistance, etc.
- Veterans Crisis Line Connects veterans and their families/friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans’ Affairs responders
- Stateside Legal Provides information and resources for individuals affected by Military Sexual Trauma.
- The Soldiers Project Provides free counseling for military service members and their loved ones.
- Postpartum Support International Promotes awareness, prevention, and treatment of mental health issues related to childbearing in every country worldwide.
Sexual Assault, Abuse, and Domestic/Partner Violence Support
- 911Rape Provides support, information and resources for survivors and advocates of sexual assault.
- Child Help A crisis line that assists both child and adult survivors of abuse, including sexual abuse.
- Family Justice Center Alliance (FJCA) Serves as a clearinghouse, research center, and national affiliation organization for Family Justice Centers and other multi-agency models that serve victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, elder abuse, child abuse, and/or human trafficking.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline Provides 24/7 confidential support, information, and referral to domestic violence resources in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the U. S. Virgins Islands.
- RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network) Works with local rape crisis centers across the U. S. to provide free, confidential, 24/7 support.
- WomensLaw.org Provides legal information and support to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Spanish Language REsources
- Culture, Community, and Connection: 2023 BIPOC Mental Health Toolkit - The BIPOC Mental Health Month campaign and toolkit were designed to provide culturally responsive mental health information to highlight three core pillars of culture, community, and connection and how integral they are to BIPOC communities. The toolkit includes factsheets, worksheets, shareable images, and more that can aid community discussion and guide individuals to helpful resources.
- Selfies, Social, and Screens: Navigating Virtual Spaces for Youth: 2023 Back to School Resources - The Back to School campaign and resources were developed to help increase understanding of how online activity affects the mental health of children and teens. The factsheets, shareable images, and other materials in the toolkit can be used to help manage the challenges of virtual spaces and empower youth to make informed decisions for their mental health and well-being.
- New Mental Health Resources Hub in Spanish: Our Spanish-language resources hub provides a comprehensive collection of mental health materials to assist individuals, families, and others in accessing valuable mental health resources for the Spanish-speaking community.
Substance Abuse Support
- NIAAA Alcohol Treatment Navigator Helps adults find alcohol treatment for themselves or an adult loved one.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA) Offers comprehensive information about mental health services and resources.
Lupita Lance | firstname.lastname@example.org