November 1st – November 15th
Welcome to Open Enrollment for the 2022 plan year. Open Enrollment is the employee’s annual opportunity to make changes to your benefits for the new plan year, effective January 1, 2022. You will have the opportunity to choose your benefits for the next plan year. Enrollment is your opportunity to carefully evaluate your choices and make informed decisions that give you the coverage you need.
During Open Enrollment, you can:
- Choose a new medical plan option
- Enroll eligible family members to your benefit plan(s) which requires proper documentation
- Enroll a Domestic partner (IRS guidelines establish that adding a domestic partner will result in taxable income to the employee for Federal and State Tax purposes)
- Enroll or re-enroll in a flexible spending account to pay for dependent day-care, health expenses, or Commuter benefit with pre-tax dollars
- Enroll in Minnesota Supplemental Life
- Enroll or cancel Hyatt Legal (MetLife Company) plan
- NEW! 2022 Medical Premiums
- NEW! 2 Medical plan Options
o Harmony $10
• Sharp Community, Sharp Rees Stealy, UCSD
• NO monthly premium $0
o Performance HMO Network 3
• Scripps Clinic, Scripps Coastal, Rady Children’s
• Monthly premium $115
Reminder! Preventative Health Care Services covered at no cost
To view your current benefits information (which contains your current plan selection and enrolled dependents) or to make plan changes to add or delete dependent during this Open Enrollment period please click link below.
To view a step by step tutorial for the ARES Open Enrollment Tools for Members please see below link.
ARES Open Enrollment Tool for Members
Benefited employees should receive a post card with inform•ation regarding open enrollment at their campus site, but you don't need to wait for the mail. All necessary forms and information are also on this site.
- To view the current description of detailed benefit summaries, which include co-payments, plans are listed separately on the BenefitPlans/Forms page, under Medical Plan Summaries.
- To view the current cost of monthly out-of-pockets premiums, please click Benefit Plans/Forms page, under Employee Paid Medical Rates.
- To learn more about Performance Network 1 and 2, plans, please click Benefit Plans/Forms, under Medical Plan Summaries.
- To view preventive care services for all Kaiser and United Healthcare plans click here.
- To view a step-by-step tutorial for the new VEBA on-line tool, please click here.
Learn the Four "C's" of Open Enrollment
Below are a few important things to consider when re-evaluating your health benefits this Fall.
- Cost of premiums and co-payments
- Coverage information including in-network doctors
- Current plan options; these may change from year to year
- Choices such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA)