November 1st – November 15th
Welcome to Open Enrollment for the 2018 plan year. Open Enrollment is the employee's annual opportunity to make changes to your benefits for the new plan year, effective January 1, 2018. You will have the opportunity to choose your benefits for the next plan year. Enrollment is your opportunity to carefully evaluate your choices and make informed decisions that give you the coverage you need.
During Open Enrollment, you can:
- Choose a new medical plan option
- Enroll eligible family members to your benefit plans (will require proper documentation)
- Delete dependents to your benefit plans
- Enroll a domestic partner (IRS guidelines establish that adding a domestic partner will result in taxable income to the employee for Federal Tax purposes only)
- Enroll or re-enroll in a flexible spending account to pay for day-care or health expenses with pre-tax dollars. Please contact Cheryl Lacsina for questions or Enrollment Material at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-388-6588.
Benefited employees should receive a post card with information regarding open enrollment at their campus site, but you don't need to wait for the mail. All necessary forms and information are also on this site.
- To view the current description of detailed benefit summaries, which include co-payments, plans are listed separately on the Benefit Plans/Forms page, under Medical Plan Summaries.
- To view the current cost of monthly out-of-pockets premiums, please click Benefit Plans/Forms page, under Employee Paid Medical Rates.
- To learn more about Performance Network 1, 2, and 3 plans, please click Benefit Plans/Forms, under Medical Plan Summaries.
- To view preventive care services for all Kaiser and United Healthcare plans click here.
- To learn more about the changes for the 2018 benefit plan year, Benefit Plans/Forms page, under 2018 Changes.
- To view the 2018 Benefits Enrollment Guide, Benefit Plans/Forms page, under 2018 Changes (Benefits Enrollment Guide).
- To view a step-by-step tutorial for the new VEBA on-line tool, please click here.
Learn the Four "C's" of Open Enrollment
Below are a few important things to consider when re-evaluating your health benefits this Fall.
- Cost of premiums and co-payments
- Coverage information including in-network doctors
- Current plan options; these may change from year to year
- Choices such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA)