Meet the MMS - the Mobile Multimedia Studio!
What is it?
The Mobile Multimedia Studio (MMS) is a set of equipment for online faculty to use to develop accessible multimedia for their online courses. As the name suggests, the equipment is mobile - it all fits in a roller laptop bag that you can take to your home or office.
What's in the MMS?
The MMS includes the following equipment and software:
- HP EliteBook Tablet PC with Windows 7.
- Built-in laptop webcam.
- Wireless headset with microphone & foot pedal.
- Camtasia Studio 8 - screen recorder software.
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 - Production Premium Software.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking 10 - speech recognition software.
- Microsoft Office 2010.
- Contact SDCCD Online Learning Pathways to fill out an Equipment Loan Form.
- On the form, you'll need to describe the multimedia you plan to develop with the MMS and its use in your online course.
- We'll setup a time and place to meet to approve the form and handoff the equipment.
Please contact SDCCD Online Learning Pathways (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help getting started with the MMS!