Microsoft Office 365 Canvas Integration
The District will begin migrating all email accounts to the Office 365 environment starting July 18. Migration will continue through early August. Once your account has been migrated, you can access your email through the newer, more integrated Office 365 web pages (https://outlook.office.com). When logging into the new O365 site, you will enter your District email address as your login name – including the “@sdccd.edu”.
For more information regarding these changes the information is available at: O365 | San Diego Community College District (sdccd.edu)
If you need more help, you can contact the District IT helpdesk at 619-388-7000 or email@example.com
Along with this email account migration, the SDCCD Canvas LMS will support an LTI integration with Microsoft Office 365. Which will include new features in Assignments, Collaborations, Modules, Course Navigation, and the Rich Content Editor. This integration allows students and instructors to use, create, share, and collaborate on Office 365 files within Canvas. Users can also view their OneDrive files directly in Canvas.
How to enable Office 365 integration in Canvas
- Login to Canvas and access the Canvas course you would like to integrate with Office 365
- Select Settings on the right hand navigation menu
- Click on the Navigation tab
- Select the 3 dots to the right of the Office 365 tab and click Enable
- Click on the Save button
Log on to Office 365 as a Faculty / Staff Member
- Click the Office 365 course menu item which will appear in your course menu
- Click the Log In button
- Enter your Faculty / Staff MCC email address
- Click the Next button
- Click the Accept button on the Permissions requested page
Note: This page will only display the first time you log on to the Office 365 Integration in Canvas.
Now you can access Office 365 documents from inside of Canvas.
Office 365 Guides for Canvas
- How do I view my Microsoft Office 365 files in Canvas as an instructor?
- How do I create a hyperlink from Microsoft Office 365 in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?
- How do I link to an Office 365 document in a Canvas Module?
- How do I create a cloud assignment with a Microsoft Office 365 file?
- How do I create a Microsoft Office 365 collaboration as an instructor?
- Canvas Release Notes: Office 365LTI
Office 365 assistance
For general assistance regarding Microsoft Office 365 and login:
- Contact the District IT helpdesk at 619-388-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Canvas related issues relating to Office 365:
- Call Canvas Faculty Support at 1-844-612-7422 or Contact Canvas Support using the Chat Feature
- Contact the SDCCD Online Learning Pathways Department