Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a permit to park on campus?
- Yes. You need to purchase a new permit each semester.
Is there a parking grace period?
- No. Permits are required from 7 am. Monday through 10 p.m. Friday. Permits are not required on Saturdays, Sundays or College Holidays.
Is my college permit valid at the other campuses?
- Yes. Permits purchased through City College, Mesa College, Miramar College and ECC are valid at all SDCCD campuses and business offices. CE permits purchased at these campuses are valid at all campuses as well.
- Discount permits purchased at Mid-City, Cesar Chavez, West City and No City CE campuses are only valid at those four campuses.
Are the citations issued by Parking Enforcement Officers and College Police 'real' citations?
- Yes. They are like any other citation issued by a police or parking agency and are legally binding.
What if I don't take care of a citation I have been issued?
- If you neglect to take care of any outstanding citations the citations will incur penalties and could be placed on DMV hold until it is paid.
What is a DMV Hold?
- A DMV hold occurs when a citation is past due; has incurred penalties and the DMV has been notified to suspend the vehicle's registration until full payment for the citation(s) is made. If there are multiple citations, full payment would need to be made on all citations with a hold before DMV would issue current registration.
Does a DMV hold keep me from registering for school or hold up my grades?
- Yes. Parking Services may elect to place a hold on grades/transcripts if you owe fines totaling $100 or more.