Application for Board of Trustees Vacancy
The San Diego Community College District (SDCCD) is inviting applications for the position of appointed member of the Board of Trustees (Trustee District E) in compliance with applicable Education Codes until the next regularly scheduled election for governing board members, which is November 8, 2022.
Candidates must live in Area E, which includes Golden Hill, City Heights, Logan Heights, Downtown, Normal Heights, Barrio Logan, Mountain View, and South Park.
- Participating fully in the work of the Board, which includes attending all Board meetings and key events, studying and discussing policy issues, and participating in trustee orientation, training, and professional development programs.
- Being knowledgeable about the communities served by the District.
- Being committed to the mission and functions of community colleges; understanding the educational, social, and economic policy issues pertaining to community colleges.
- Engaging in balancing the needs of many diverse groups and be able to contribute to and build consensus.
- Contributing to effective Board functioning and supporting the authority of the Board as a whole. The Board of Trustees meets twice monthly on Thursdays unless noted otherwise. Please see the following link to access remaining meeting dates in Fiscal Year 2020-21.
In order to be considered for appointment to the vacant position, the following application materials must be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 15, 2021:
Application materials include the following:
- A one-page letter of interest addressed to the president of the Board of Trustees, Dr. Maria Nieto Senour
- A completed application, including Board of Trustees Temporary Appointment Application Questions (link below)
- At least two (2) and up to five (5) letters of reference
Email all application materials to email@example.com. These materials will be considered by members of the Board of Trustees in determining who will be invited to be interviewed at a special public Board meeting on February 4, 2021. Further information will be provided to those candidates about the Board meeting and interview process. The Board will make a selection/appointment on February 4, 2021 (with February 8 as additional special meeting date if needed). The individual will be sworn in at the public Board meeting on February 11, 2021.
The Board encourages you to review Board Policies that outline Governing Board responsibilities and expectations for trustees.
If you have questions, please contact the Board Office by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message at the office number (619) 388-6957. Due to COVID-19, the SDCCD is in remote operation status for an indefinite period of time. Classes are being held online and essential services are continuing, although all District campuses and facilities are closed with a few exceptions for hybrid classes.