Online Student Tutorials
Welcome to the SDCCD Online Student Tutorials!
We have collected a number of resources and guides that will walk you through how to use the variety of tools you will have access to during your time as an online student here at the SDCCD.
To begin click on any of the links below in the table of contents or open any of our accordion tabs to access the materials.
Table of Contents
- Canvas Tutorials for Students
- Canvas Video Tutorials for Students
- SDCCD Student Email & Microsoft Office 365 access
- Zoom Tutorials for Students
- Miscellaneous Tutorials for Students
- How to login to Canvas
- How to change your preferred name
- How to change your pronoun
- How to reset your password
- How to update your email address
- How to submit an assignment (video)
- How to create a discussion thread (video)
- How to insert an image into a discussion thread (video)
- How to insert a hyperlink into a discussion thread (video)
- How to use Canvas on your mobile device
As of Fall 2022, all SDCCD students will receive a "student.sdccd.edu" email account upon registration which allows them to:
- Receive official emails from the San Diego Community College District
- Use applications in the Office 365 for Students such as Word, Excel and OneDrive with 1 TB storage.
Your primary email address is first initial last name @ student.sdccd.edu (example: email@example.com ). You can login to your student email at: http://outlook.office.com
Student email expectations
Starting the week of March 27th, your student.sdccd.edu email will be the official form of communication for all campus business. Students are expected to check their official email address on a frequent and consistent basis in order to stay current with the College communications. The College recommends checking email daily since certain communication may be time critical (e.g. Class Waitlist activity). To learn more about these email changes and how to gain access to Microsoft 365 please visit our FAQ page
If you need assistance setting this up:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 619-388-1140
How to Login and Access Microsoft Office 365
Please visit http://myapps.sdccd.edu
When prompted to login your username is your student email address (email@example.com) and your password is the same password you use when logging into mySDCCD.
How to use Microsoft Office 365 with Canvas
Microsoft Office 365 has been fully integrated with Canvas. You will be able to access your OneDrive and share all of your files and documents directly to Canvas. Here are some guides that can help you get started:
- How to access my Microsoft Office 365 files in Canvas?
- How do I create a hyperlink from Microsoft Office 365 in the Rich Content Editor?
- How do I upload a file from Microsoft Office 365 as an assignment submission?
- How do I submit a cloud assignment with Microsoft Office 365?
- How do I create a Microsoft Office 365 collaboration?
Office 365 assistance
For general assistance regarding Microsoft Office 365 and login:
- Contact the District IT helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Canvas related issues relating to Office 365:
- Call Canvas Student Support at 1-844-612-7421 or Contact Canvas Support using the Chat Feature
- Contact the SDCCD Online Learning Pathways Department