Online Student Resources & FAQ
- Online Learning Readiness Assessment
- Technical Requirements
- Registration Directions
- Course Information Pages
- Tips for Success in an Online Class
- Netiquette Guidelines
- Student Code of Conduct
- SDCCD Honest Academic Conduct Administrative Procedure
- SDCCD Copyright Guidelines
- Technical Support Services
- State Authorization Complaint Process
- Libraries: City, Mesa, Miramar
- Student Services: City, Mesa, Miramar, Continuing Ed.
- Sample Online Course
- Online Student Tutorials
Students Frequently Asked Questions
- What online courses are offered?
Each semester the online course offerings change. Check out the Class Schedule for the current course offerings.
- How do I login to Blackboard?
Instructions can be found on the Login Help page, and a Login Video Tutorial will also show you the process.
- How can I get help with Blackboard?
The Helpdesk is available 24/7. Call them at 866-271-8794.
- How does Blackboard work?
We have several tutorials for students getting started with Blackboard. Check out our Online Student Orientation and the Online Student Tutorials page.
- Is online learning for me?
Good question! To find out if you're ready to be an online student, you can take the Online Learning Readiness Assessment.
- What kind of computer do I need?
To find out the computer and system requirements to successfully use the programs necessary for online learning, visit the Browser Tuneup and Technical Requirements page.
- Can I find out about my course before it starts?
Yes! You won't find your course on Blackboard until the first day that your course is scheduled to start. To get information about your course before then, see if your instructor has posted a Course Information Page for you.
- Where do I purchase books?
The District bookstore is available online at the Bookstore Website.
- Is there a sample course where I can practice using Blackboard? Yes, there is! please check the Practice under the Online Student Orientation explains how to access the Sample Course.
- The schedule shows the class is full. How can I get on the waiting list? Check out the Wait List Instructions for more information on registration and waitlisting online courses.