Career Education and Workforce Development
The Career Education and Workforce Development Department provides coordination for districtwide career education pathways, programs, and partnerships, and compliance for San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar College’s Child Development Centers.
Our responsibilities in serving SDCCD career education students, career education deans, and the families that rely on the SDCCD Child Development Centers are:
- To ensure safe learning environments through compliance, professional development, and awareness of policies and procedures
- To provide leadership for coordinated, consistent, and shared practices
- To facilitate awareness of changing workforce needs
Areas of Work:
- Perkins Career Education Funding
- CTE Transitions Credit by Exam (High school to college and Continuing Education to college)
- Work Experience
- Clinical Affiliation Agreements
- Child Development Centers
- Corporate Council
- Participation in SDICCCA Workforce Development Council and the Strong Workforce Program
- Partnership building with San Diego Unified School District for Career Education pathways between K-12 and College
CTE Transitions Credit By Exam
The CTE Transitions Program establishes credit by exam agreements between High School and San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar College and between San Diego Continuing Education and San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar colleges.
- Career Education Credit by Exam for High School Students
- Career Education Credit by Exam for San Diego Continuing Education Students
Resources for Faculty and Staff
Child Development Centers
San Diego Community College District provides childcare services through San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar Child Development Centers. The Centers operate as instructional programs for SDCCD students and offer quality educational programs for infants, toddlers, and preschool children.