COVID-19 Information for Students

COVID-19 Banner

The San Diego Community College District passed a resolution authorizing the Chancellor to develop and implement a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for students, staff and faculty.  We remain committed in providing a high-quality learning experience for every student while keeping the health and safety of our community in mind.

San Diego Community College District has implemented the following:

  • Proof of Vaccination for Classes on Campus: San Diego Community College District (SDCCD) will require all students to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (per CDC guidelines) in order to enroll in face-to-face (in-person) classes.

  • Proof of Vaccination for Student Services Appointments:  In-person services to students, prospective students, and the public reasonably expected to last 15 minutes or more will be conducted by appointment.  All student appointments require verification of vaccination.
  • Face Masks Still Required on Campus: All employees, students and campus visitors must continue to wear masks on campus regardless of vaccination status.

  • COVID-19 Testing Requirements: Students with an approved medical exemption will be required to comply with COVID-19 testing requirements.  Students must test within seventy-two (72) hours of class meetings.  Students who fail to comply with testing requirements will not be permitted to attend class.

  • Effective Fall 2022: Due to the efficacy of boosters against COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, SDCCD will require students to receive the booster vaccine.  Please consult the CDC website for information on when you should get your booster shot.

Communication to Students

Cleared4 Banner
Picture of phone with cleared4

San Diego Community College District is using Cleared4 to provide students an easy way to upload their vaccination cards, make a testing appointment and verify COVID-19 vaccination and testing compliance.

Please note the following:

  • Students who already uploaded their vaccination cards will have their information brought into the Cleared4 system.  No need to re-upload your vaccine information.
  • Students who are required to meet weekly testing requirements will be able to book appointments for COVID-19 tests on campus or upload test results from third party testing sites.
  • SDCCD will use the Pass system to provide students an easy way to verify they meet COVID-19 vaccination and testing requirements.


  1. You should have received a link from Cleared4 from inviting you to your personal dashboard.  If not, you can retrieve your link by visiting: or clicking the button below:
  2. Accept the disclaimer, upload your insurance information if you are required to test (If you do not have insurance, please sign this affidavit and attach it to the health insurance upload form.), contact information and complete a brief self-health assessment.

  3. Once on your dashboard, click on Enter Your Vaccination Data to upload your vaccine card and information.

    Vaccine Dashboard

Need to get vaccinated?

The CDC has created that provide the community with providers that have the COVID-19 vaccine ready for distribution.  Please click on the link below to see locations near you:

Exemption request

Students who have a medical condition that prevents them from receiving the COVID-19 vaccination may submit an exemption request. Students with an approved exemption request must comply with COVID-19 testing requirements.


  • Students who are not vaccinated must provide proof of negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of in-person service.  Students who wish to engage in in-person services/appointments must be fully vaccinated or submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of appointment.

  • Testing on campus with Biocept is free for all students and employees.  Insurance is not required for free tests.
testing icon Submit Your Test Results

SDCCD has partnered with Biocept to provide free COVID-19 tests on campus for students. Students will receive an invite link if they are required to undergo weekly COVID-19 tests.

If you lost your link, you can look it up here:

If the system cannot find you, please send us a help desk ticket at 

On Campus Testing Schedule


City College

Mesa College

Miramar College

Educational Cultural Complex (ECC)


9:30 AM - 3:30 PM

12 PM – 6 PM

10 AM - 2 PM




7 AM – 2 PM

6 AM - 12 PM

2 PM - 6 PM


9:30 AM - 3:30 PM


2 PM - 6 PM









8 AM - 12 PM


testing locations Testing Locations

If you are unable to utilize testing on-campus, please click on the link below to find testing locations that provide free COVID-19 tests.  Test results must be loaded via Biocept.

testing locations


The pass system

Once you gain access to Cleared4 and setup your account, you will be provided one of two possible passes:

Blue Pass Green Pass Red Pass

Students who have met vaccination requirements will be issued a "Blue Pass."  

The pass will show the current date, student's name and "Cleared For College"

Students with an exemption will be provided a "Green Pass" when they have met COVID-19 testing requirements.

Green Passes are valid for 72 hours of test.

The pass will show the current date,student's name and "Cleared For College"

Students with a red pass are not cleared to be on campus.  Students:

  • Have not complied with COVID-19 vaccination/testing requirements
  • Tested positive for COVID-19
  • Exhibit flu-like symptoms are are recommended to stay at home.


Have questions about covid-19?

If you have questions about COVID-19, or believe you may have contracted it, please contact Student Health Services at:

  City College Mesa College Miramar College
Health Services Office A-180
Office I4-211
Office K2-102


Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about covid-19 impact on students

Updated: 02/16/2022

For information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) specifically, please visit 

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention also provides reliable up-to-date information, please visit

COVID-19 Vaccination requirements

Q: Do all students need to provide proof of vaccination?

A: Only students who are registered in an in-person class (On Campus or Partially Online) or wish to participate in-person (hyflex) will be required to provide proof of vaccination.  If you are enrolled in online classes, you are not required to provide proof of vaccination.  We are closely monitoring the situation and guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the San Diego County Public Health Office. 

Q: Which vaccines are accepted?

A: SDCCD is only accepting vaccines recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC): or the World Health Organization (WHO): 

  • Pfizer-BioNTech
  • Moderna
  • Johnson & Johnson / Janssen
  • AstraZeneca
  • Novavax
  • Sinovac
  • Sinopharm

Q: What are the requirements regarding vaccinations?

A: Students must be fully vaccinated according toCDC guidelines prior to the start of class:

  • 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
  • 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine

If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated. Keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated.  Students who do not provide proof of full vaccination or have an exemption on file prior to the start of class will not be allowed to register in the class.

Effective Fall 2022, students must have received a booster shot in order to be able to enroll in on-campus classes. 

  • Students who were fully vaccinated either with a two-dose regimen (e.g. Pfizer, Moderna) more than five months ago or a one-dose regimen (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) more than two months ago are now eligible for a booster. Students should get their booster shot as soon as possible.
  • Those who are still within the five- or two-month windows (depending on vaccine type) should make plans to receive a booster as soon as they are eligible.

Q: Where can I provide proof of vaccination?

A: Students may submit their vaccination documents through the Cleared4 platform.

Q: I cannot take the COVID-19 vaccination due to a medical condition, is there an exemption process?

A: Students may request an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement for medical reasons.  Students may submit their request online here:

Exemptions based on religious grounds will be allowed to take online classes and online student services only.  

Q: What medical documentation should I provide?

A: In order to process your request, we need you to submit medical documentation from your healthcare provider to establish your eligibility for a medical exemption. The documentation needs to provide, and should be limited to, the following information:

  • That you have a disability or medical condition which prevents you from receiving any of the available COVID-19 vaccines (Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson and Johnson);
  • The expected duration of the disability or medical condition which prevents you from being vaccinated, or that the condition is expected to be permanent.
  • The class you are trying to register for.
  • Verification that you are close to completion (graduation or transfer).

To protect your privacy, the documentation should not contain any diagnosis, prognosis, specific condition, or any other medical information other than what is specified above

Q: What if I lost my COVID-19 vaccination card?

A: Students may visit the California Health Department Vaccination Record at: to retrieve their vaccination record. 

COVID-19 TESTING requirements

Q: What are testing requirements for COVID-19?

A: All students who have an exemption on file or not yet fully vaccinated must comply with testing requirements. 

Tests must have been conducted within 72 hours of on-campus service.

Q: How do I submit my COVID-19 test results?

A: SDCCD has partnered with Biocept to provide free on-campus testing.  Students who are mandated to comply with weekly testing requirements was sent an email from  Students must self-register and can book an appointment online.

Q: I forgot to submit my test result, what should I do?

A: Students must submit a negative COVID-19 test result in order to engage in on-campus services and appointments.

class information

Q: What is SDCCD doing about the new Omicron variant?

A: Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our highest priority has continued to be the health and safety of our employees and students. In recognition of the current spike in cases mainly due to the Omicron variant, the four colleges have decided to provide online/remote student support services during the first two weeks of January.

Q: What is Canvas?

A: Canvas is an online "Learning Management System" (LMS) that provides classes with the ability to be conducted online.  For more questions about Canvas, please visit:

Q: Why can’t I log into Canvas if I am enrolled in the course?

A: Students missing valid email addresses in Campus Solutions are unable to log into their course on Canvas. Make sure you have a valid email address on file.  You can verify your email address through mySDCCD by following the tutorial here.

Q: My class is being held "asynchronous" what does that mean?

A: Asynchronous means that the class is not held at a particular time.  You may be required to complete certain tasks by a deadline established by your instructor.  Your instructor will provide expectations for asynchronous classes.

Q: What if I am not receiving emails from SDCCD?

A: To ensure that you are receiving all SDCCD updates, make sure that you have an email address on file. You can verify your email address through mySDCCD by following the tutorial here.

Q: My class is going online, but I do not have internet access, are there any resources for students?

A: We are gathering a list of resources that are being made available to students.  Please continue to check back here as this list expands:

Wi-Fi Parking Lots Available

City, Mesa, and Miramar Colleges and Continuing Education will be providing a "Wi-Fi Parking Lot" where any enrolled student can access the internet. (Class schedule screen shot OR print out required).

Click here for Parking Guidelines

Mondays - Thursdays: 8:00a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Fridays: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

City College Parking Lot #5
Mesa College Parking Lot #1
Miramar College Parking Lot #2
Continuing Education ECC Campus Parking Lot #3

Free Internet Service:

  • Several companies including Charter, Spectrum, and Comcast have announced plans to offer free internet service for 60 days to households with students as classes are moving online amid concerns about COVID-19. Beginning March 16 Charter Communications will make its internet and WiFi services available for free for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who don’t already have internet through the company.

  • WiFi hotspots will also be open for public.
    Please contact the companies at the phone numbers below directly to arrange services if you are interested.
  • Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots

    All Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots are now open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” SSID. Public hotspots can be found in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas. For more information on available public hotspots visit

Q: What if I don't feel comfortable or cannot take an online class?

A: If you do not feel comfortable taking an online class, you have a few options:

  • Contact your instructor regarding any concerns you may have, they may be willing to work with you to help you feel comfortable.
  • Visit Online Learning Pathways to discover tips and tricks to take classes online.

Q: I currently have, or will need, accommodations for my class, who should I contact?

A: Please contact the DSPS office on campus.  They will be able to assist your need for accommodations. For more information, please visit:

student services

Q: I need to turn in a form/petition, how can I do this?

A: Students can submit most forms/petitions online at Please be sure to read the instructions on the page prior to submitting your form.

Q: Will mySDCCD still be available?

A: Yes, mySDCCD is still available and accessible at

Q: Will I be able to go to the campuses if I need help in person?

A: Campuses are offering in-person services Monday to Thursday.  Please consult the college website for more information:

Q. I have a question about pre-requisites, who can I contact?

A.Please contact your counseling office for more questions.

Q: Will Counseling services still be available?

A: E-Counseling services may be available at your campus.  Please contact your counseling office for more questions.

Q: How do I order transcripts?

A: You can order transcripts online via mySDCCD.  Transcript processing will still continue.  

For more information about outgoing transcripts visit: