The San Diego Community College District institutions provide work-based learning opportunities to students. These opportunities are integrated into curricula and provided outside the classroom from events and on-campus activities to clinical placements, internships, and on-the-job work experiences.
This page provides resources for San Diego City, Mesa, Miramar, and Continuing Education regarding WBL reporting processes and related practices.
MIS SG21 Work-Based Learning Reporting
- Districtwide Reporting Schedule
- Districtwide Reporting Framework
- SG21 Queries Guide
- Job Aid for Campus Solutions Student Level Reporting
- Section Level Coding Recommendations - March 2021
- Course Level Coding for Credit Colleges - September 2021
- MIS SG21 Data Element – CCC MIS Data Element Dictionary
Districtwide SG21 Reporting Updates - District Educational Services, in partnership with the District Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research (OIER) will provide regular updates.
- February 2023 Internal Reporting Update
- November 2022 Internal Reporting Update
- May 2022 Internal Reporting Update
Districtwide Reporting Plan:
- 2021-2022 Districtwide Reporting Plan - October 2021 - Updates coming soon
College Leads for SG21 Reporting
SG21 WBL coding requires local teams to work across both student services and instructional services. College leads are expected to work across program areas and functions to coordinate college-wide SG21 WBL efforts.
- City College - TBD
- Mesa College - Alex Berry
- Miramar College: Claudia Estrada-Howell
- College of Continuing Education: Stephanie Lewis and Desiree Payne
Work-Based Learning Resources and reference materials
- WBL Overview - Regional resource
- Expanding Work-Based Learning in the Region
- Resources and Reference Materials from National Association of Colleges and Employers
- Minority College Students Underrepresented in Paid Internships, September 2020
- First-Generation Students Underrepresented in Internships, August 2020
- CCCAOE Conference Presentation on SG21: Leveraging New MIS Reporting Requirements to Uplift and Expand WBL
- Reporting schedule
- SG21 Update Briefings:
- SG21 Section Auditing Updates - for Rollovers:
Districtwide Work-Based Learning Process Committee - no longer active
This districtwide committee was established in 2020 and coordinated by the SDCCD Career Education and Workforce Development Department fpcusing on districtwide MIS SG21 WBL reporting and related practices.
As of spring 2023, this committee is being replaced by a broader Districtwide Career Services and Job Placement Workgroup focused on districtwide support and alignment for student's career success across each college's career services initiatives including: employer engagement, work-based learning/SG21, job placement, career center activities, districtwide career fairs, and handshake.
To access agendas for the Districtwide Career Services & Job Placement Workgroup, please click here.
Past WBL Process Committee Agendas: