Black Student Success Workgroup
Purpose / Focus:
The districtwide Black Student Success Workgroup (BSSW) was developed to address the success of Black students throughout the San Diego Community College District (SDCCD).
The BSSW aims to accomplish the following preliminary goals as of May 2021.
- Actively work toward ensuring Black students are centered in equity discussions and work.
- Aid institutional accountability to increase recruitment, retention, and wrap-around services for Black students.
- Support Board of Trustees goals and initiatives at each institution as it relates to Black students.
- Provide clear data-informed recommendations to colleges to foster supportive and inclusive environments.
- Develop long-term, tangible, and sustainable practices to continuously define and center Black student success.
The SDCCD Board of Trustees Goals 2021-2022
The BSSW consists of administrators, faculty, and staff from each of the San Diego Community College District's four colleges and district office.
Partnerships and Collaborations
Information to be added soon.
SDCCD Board Policies
SDCCD Board Policy 7150: Civilty and Mutual Respect
SDCCD Board Policy 7370: Political Activity
California Community Colleges: HBCU Transfer Guarantee
The HBCU Foundation
The Steve Fund
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Rest for Resistance
San Diego City College - Black Excellence
San Diego City College - Hermanos Unidos Brothers United (HUBU)
San Diego City College Umoja
San Diego Mesa College Umoja
San Diego College of Continuing Education Foundation - Increasing Support for African American Students
Umoja Community - Regional Coordinator
Scholarships and Financial Aid
National Association for the Advancement of Colored Peoples
United Negro College Fund
Career Education and Workforce Development